Title: HVAC Technician
Salary: $16.64 hr.
Open Until: Until Filled
Responsible for the installation, repair and preventive maintenance on all types of refrigeration and air conditioning systems. This covers reciprocating systems to 110 tons as well as all types of high and low temperature reach-in and walk-in refrigerators, domestic type refrigerators and window air conditioners. Installs, repairs and maintains fuel oil, gas and electric strips, heat pumps, and steam heat systems for Facilities Management.
- High school or GED
- Vocational/technical training in refrigeration and heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) systems maintenance
- Three (3) years experience and/or training that includes installation, repair and maintenance of HVAC/refrigeration systems/equipment and general building maintenance
- Must be familiar with Metasys and automated logic
- Must possess and maintain valid Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Chloro Fluoro Carbons (CFC) Technician certification for recovery of refrigerant
- Must possess and maintain valid driver's license
- Basic communication, comprehension and math skills required
OPEN UNTIL FILLED.
SALARY: $16.64 hr.
All applicants tentatively selected for a position with Beaufort County Council will be required to submit to urinalysis to screen for the illegal use of drugs and to a background check prior to appointment. Employment is contingent upon clearing both the drug screening and background investigation.