Title: Commercial Appraiser
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Open Until: Until Filled
Under general supervision of the Chief Appraiser, performs appraisals and mass appraisals of commercial property and other complex property. Work involves all aspects of the appraisal, analysis and classification of complex residential and commercial real property to establish and review values for tax assessment purposes. Exercises limited supervisory responsibilities over the residential appraisal staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Real Estate, Business Administration or related field
- Course work or vocational training in commercial and complex residential property appraisal or assessment
- Five years experience in real property appraisal, mass appraisal, and property assessment
- Must be proficient in use of Microsoft suite software
- Must possess and maintain a valid South Carolina Certified General or Certified General Mass Real Estate Appraiser certification or equivalent appraisal license from a state allowing reciprocity in South Carolina
- Must possess and maintain valid driver’s license
All applicants tentatively selected for a position with Beaufort County Council will be required to submit to urinalysis to screen for the illegal use of drugs and to a background check prior to appointment. Employment is contingent upon clearing both the drug screening and background investigation.