Beaufort County currently partners with a company called Simplifile to process electronic recording. If interested in learning more about how to become a submitter, visit www.simplifile.com
A Trusted Submitter Agreement must be obtained through Simplifile and forwarded to the Beaufort County Register of Deeds.
SC Recording laws apply the same as with standard recording.
Documents received after 4:30 pm EST may not be processed until the next business day.
Blanks, such as the book/page of a derivation clause, cannot be filled-in by the ROD office.
Indexing Rules: http://www.bcgov.net/departments/Real-Property-Services/register-of-deeds/indexing-rules.php
Remember to enter names in the format: Last Name, Comma, Space, First Name, Space, Middle Initial or Name.
Plats cannot be electronically recorded.
Some Common Reasons for Rejection of a submission:
- Incorrect filing fees
- Missing grantor/grantee names
- Pages out of order
- Incorrect document type
- Document missing property description
- Deed missing DMP number
- Commas and/or spaces missing or incorrect
- Image is not legible
- Missing a witness (2 required on most docs)
- Notary Acknowledgment is missing
- Needs a derivation clause
- Deed is missing Preparation Clause
- Document is not for Beaufort County