June 1 - November 30, 2013
It is hurricane season. For information on how to prepare, track storms, and evacuation routes, please click on the links provided below.
June is National Safety Month
June is National Safety Month. Beaufort County provides residents and visitors multiple locations to enjoy the
outdoors, to include not only: playing a round of golf or tennis, boating, swimming at the local pool or beach,
and hiking. Below you will find some helpful suggestions to survive your outdoor summer activities.
- Use sunscreen with SPF 15 or higher
- Stay in the shade between 11 am and 3 pm
- Wear a hat.
- Stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water, at least 8 glasses a day. What you drink today will help you
tomorrow. If you are feeling thirsty, you are already dehydrated.
- Don't forget your sunglasses!
- Take swim lessons if you don’t know how to swim. Sign your kids up for lessons as soon as they are
old enough. For more information on swim lessons, please go to YMCA Beaufort’s web site -
www.ymcabeaufortcounty.com/aquatics/swimming-lessons. Or you may call 843-522-9622.
- Swim near a lifeguard and never swim alone.
- Don’t drink alcohol if you are swimming or watching children.
- Use floating toys like water wings and noodles for fun – not for safety. Don’t use them in place of life jackets.
- Watch out for rip currents. A rip current is when the water pulls you away from shore. If you get caught in a rip
current, swim along the shoreline until you are out of the current, then swim to shore.
- Write down the poison control number (1-800-222-1222) and keep it in a safe place.
If you have any questions regarding your bill, please contact us at (843) 255-5368.
Car Seat Fitting Program
This program gives parents the ability to call and schedule an appointment to have their car seat inspected
County of Beaufort, South Carolina, USA
P.O. Drawer 1228
Beaufort, South Carolina 29901-1228
EMS is a Department of Beaufort County Government
Send comments on this website to firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated June 18, 2013
Thank you for visiting!
Disclaimer: The Emergency Medical Service of Beaufort County makes every effort to insure the accuracy
of the information found on these web pages. However, EMS offers no warranty with regard to the information
found herein. Information provided via links from these web pages that were not generated by this department
is not warranted to be accurate, authoritative or factual. The provision of information via these links does not
constitute an endorsement of the content of that information or of the provider of that information. If you feel
that information you have obtained via links to these web pages is inaccurate or offensive, please contact the
original producer or distributor of that information. Construction of this web site is on going as staff identifies,
develops and integrates new resources into this site