All Residential Home Builders and General Contractors must print and sign the cover page of the sub-roster sheet.
This must be signed by the license holder and an original document submitted with application for a building permit.
NEW INSPECTION REQUEST LINE - (843) 255-2078
Please use this for all inspection request in unincorporated Beaufort County.
QUALITY CONTROL MANUAL
GATE ACCESS ORDINANCE
NOTICE TO ALL BUILDING PERMIT APPLICANTS
COUNTY TO ENFORCE 2008 NATIONAL ELECTRIC CODE
2009 CODE ADOPTION
100 Ribaut Rd.
2nd Floor Room 275
Fax: (843) 255-9410
Courier Service Only
4819 Bluffton Parkway
Hours of Operation
Bluffton, SC 29910
Monday thru Friday
7:00am to 5:00pm
The mission of the Building Inspection and Code Enforcement Department is to:
- Protect the public’s safety, general welfare and property from hazards arising from the construction and use of buildings and structures; protect the environment and preserve the natural beauty of the low country.
- Enforce the building codes, fire code, national electrical code, zoning and development standards, floodplain regulations, trash and litter ordinance, junk vehicles and dilapidated abandoned structures.
- Issue building permits for new construction, substantial improvements and additions.
- Register all manufactured homes placed in the county including the Municipalities.
- Issue hawkers and peddlers licenses
- Staff the Construction Board of Adjustments and Appeals
- Issue licenses to electrical contractors